Friday, December 7, 2018

Jesus Is Always Enough by Pastor Brent Lokker

For the past two Saturday nights at Blazing Fire we’ve given extra space and time to connect more deeply with the heart of Jesus and we plan to go there again this coming Saturday night.

Why?

Because Jesus is our life. Jesus is the source of our joy. Jesus is the hope that floods us. Jesus is the brilliance within us. Jesus is our very dear elder Brother who always has our backs. Jesus is a devoted Friend and Companion through every step of our journey. Jesus is our Savior who sets us free to be the best version of our real selves. Jesus is our Creator who marvels at us, His living works of art. Jesus is our Risen King who forever conquered death and sin and anything that could ever separate us from the perfect love of our heavenly Father.

When you're asking, What am I going to do?  Be with Jesus.
When you're feeling aimless, be with Jesus.
When it appears you're stuck in life, be with Jesus.
When disappointments seem to rise up around you like a prison cell, be with Jesus.
When fear rears it’s ugly head, be with Jesus.
When life seems mundane, be with Jesus.
When you’re happy, be with Jesus.
When you’re feeling adventurous, be with Jesus.
You get the idea.

What does this deeper connection with Jesus look like? It could look something like this story from a woman from our Blazing Fire family. She was there Saturday night when we marinated in the truth that Jesus is our good, good shepherd…

    The Lord is my best friend and my shepherd.
     I always have more than enough.  (
Psalm 23:1, TPT)

And this woman’s spirit continued to connect inward with Jesus the following morning…

This morning I spent time on the word Always.  I always have more than enough.  The Lord kept repeating to me always, always, always. I will always love you, I will always provide for you, I will always take care of you, I will always be there for you. I will always give you more than enough!!  I heard the Lord call my name personally and say, "My word for you today is ALWAYS."  So I responded, "Yes Lord!  I choose to believe in the Always."

I grew up in a house of fear. I was told that something bad is just around the corner and so I need to do a-b-c to get ready for the bad thing. I break that lie in the name of Jesus. The truth is that God will ALWAYS be there for me no matter what, no matter what my circumstance looks like. God will always love and take care of me!  Always!!!  God will love me on Monday, Tuesday and forever. It's silly to think that he would only love me on Monday and forget about me the next day.  The same thing is true for providing for me!!!!  He will provide for me ALWAYS!!!!  He will not abandon me.  He loves me ALWAYS!  So I choose to believe in ALWAYS!!!


Jesus is loving you now and always from within. You are never apart, never distant. He’s ready right now to tenderly touch your heart in a meaningful way. Make a choice to take some time as soon as you possibly can to quiet your mind and allow your spirit to go there with Him. Right now would be a perfect time!

With Love,

Brent

No comments:

Post a Comment