Thursday, December 16, 2021

Stepping Into Wholeness

From Susan:

We heard from a few women from the Blazing Fire Family last Saturday night regarding how God is leading them into new places of wholeness.  As each one shared it was clear that they are discovering just how much Jesus wants to be involved in every moment of our lives as He leads us into the abundant life He has promised.  Whether we are dealing with fear, hurt, shame, doubt or rejection, it is His great joy to show us He understands and is the ever present doorway into freedom.

I am inspired by how Sarah has learned to lean into the voice of God.  She is discovering how He really is there in the moments where she needs Him most.. No need is too small!

................................................

From Sarah:

The Lord directs the steps of the righteous. He delights in every detail of their lives.  
Psalm 37:23 NLT

I’ve been going to a farmer’s market in Oakland almost every Sunday for the last fifteen years. The parking is tight there and I used to feel hopelessness rising after a couple of turns around the lot.  But over the years, I realized that I can always find a parking space eventually.  Only a handful of times in all that time did I have to park on the street.  Now, no matter how discouraging it looks, I feel relaxed knowing that a space will turn up.  

Learning to trust God is a little bit like that.  In the past, whenever I faced a challenge,  I was nervous :  Will God come through?  Will He really do what He said?  Then again and again, God proved himself reliable and trustworthy.  If He said He will help, he did,  If he said it will be ok, it was.  Sometimes it took days and other times, months, but he was always true to his word. I have been building a history with God and his relentless kindness.  

Even now, however, a thought can come:  What if God stops helping me?  

I don’t doubt his love.  But sometimes, I think he might say “ Sarah,  you are far enough along in your growth to take care of the ‘little’ stuff by yourself.  I will just help you with the  ‘big’ stuff.”   But the Holy Spirit intervenes and says “No, that is not how I am.  I delight in every detail of your life.  I will always help you with big AND little stuff.”  I ask “Lord, why do you want to do this?”  He replies “Because you were created to do your life with me. This is our great joy, our union together.”

..................................................

And Theresa encourages us that forgiveness is a process.  As we relinquish our pain, He gives us freedom and our hearts expand as “His love breaks open the way, and He brings us into a beautiful, broad place” from Psalm 18:19.  TPT.  That beautiful, broad place is our true self, the self He has always wanted you to live from.

Forgiveness
by Theresa Christian

 

A step towards healing

A journey of hope

Even though it is not easy

Even though it is so painful

Making the time to…

Walk towards freedom, towards restoration

Only from the safe place of your Father’s arms

Listening to His heart

Yielding to the pain

Gently….

allowing your heart to feel, for it is real

Purposefully moving forward

“I hold nothing against you”

A gift awaits you from surrender

No comments:

Post a Comment