Friday, December 10, 2021

Faith to See the Impossible

Pastor Brent:
My good friend Dennis Lafayette shared a powerful message about what faith looks like that my spirit is still feeding on! I highly recommend you watch it here: 

Dennis' Message from Saturday Night
Dennis, and his wife Kathy live a life of obedience that has led them to see thousands of people saved, healed and set free! Dennis also shared some of his financial miracle stories and how his choice to obey God even when he didn’t have the money at hand, led him to Rwanda to be part of transforming a nation, primarily helping an apostolic pastor there by the name of Jean. Be encouraged to take steps with the faith the Lord has given you when he nudges you to go somewhere, talk to someone, pray for healing, give a word of encouragement or other expressions of loving others in his name. Here’s more of the story that Dennis didn’t share on Saturday…
 
"We traveled to a village in the south of Rwanda, very close to the border with Burundi. When I stepped out of the car, I could feel the blood in the ground. Many had died here over the past 60 years. The people in this area knew suffering far beyond anything I had ever seen. Why was I here and what could I do to help them?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
There was a tent setup with several hundred people inside. When it was time for me to speak, I got up still not knowing what I could possible say that would somehow make a difference in their lives. I remember praying, 'Lord if you don’t show up, I’ve got nothing for these poor people'. My little bit of hope was soon infused by His Spirit as I began to speak. As I continued to speak, I slowly realized that I was bringing a message of hope to these devastated people. I was thinking, 'Lord, I hope you know what you’re doing'. The last thing I said to them in this meeting was, 'you will be a light on a hill to this nation'. I stood there in silence thinking 'Lord you have a great calling on these people, if they have any hope'.

Soon, one after another began to jump to their feet and cheer and praise God. In a matter of moments, they were all on their feet cheering and praising God. I thought 'Lord, this is really going to happen!'

Eight months later, the government began closing and tearing down churches built of mud and sticks—over 8,000 were closed around the nation. Jean and Christine, the native pastors I had come to help, had the foresight to build their church in this village out of stone, metal, and concrete. Then to everyone’s astonishment the government said if you want to see how to build a church you should go to this village and see this church. The very place where I prophesied hope was now becoming a light to the nation!

Around this same time the government decided to build a new international airport, with runways long enough to land jumbo jets. Almost all of Rwanda is hills, except in this area which is very flat. The new airport is only 10 minutes from this village. The 26-mile dirt road is now paved and electricity has arrived in the village. Our school now has hundreds of students and we are building our national mission headquarters.  We didn’t have the resources, but simply the faith to believe God. This village is becoming light to an entire nation, providing hope for a better life and future that the Lord has planned for them. Hope gave rise to steps of obedience in faith that has become substance that you can see.

“Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.”
Hebrews 11:1 

Today we have the opportunity to give hope away. Once hope is embraced, God gives the increase. We don’t know His measure, but we do know His amazing love and generosity. Just think about hope as the seeds of faith. Jesus said, “What seems impossible for you is never impossible for God” (Matthew 20:26). Go after the impossible and see what happens."

No comments:

Post a Comment