Friday, February 2, 2018

I Need You In The Game by Pastor Suzanne Lokker

Back in October 2016, I worshipped during the opening worship set of the Open Heavens Conference (Oct 4-6, Bethel Church).  This is the first time I had heard Kristene DiMarco's song "Take Courage".  I sobbed singing the chorus, "Take courage my heart, stay steadfast my soul! He's in the waiting." At the time I wasn't entirely sure why this declaration over myself was gripping my heart and spirit.  But as I reflect on this past year, little did I know that even back in October 2016, the Lord was lovingly giving me a heads-up that for this leg of my journey with Hi, my heart would need courage and my spirit would need to stay firm.  He was preparing me for "the waiting".  I wish I could say that at that very moment, I stopped whining and began to listen to Him and to be at peace and rest "in the waiting". To my chagrin, I confess that I proceeded to spend the next year vacillating through my journey with the Lord, often feeling faith-less rather than faith-filled. Having tantrums, pouting during my "time-outs", continuing to ask Him, "To what end is this all for?"

Then, suddenly (okay, so fast forward through most of 2017), (a reference to many prophetic words about “Suddenlies of the Lord”), through prophetic words and dreams, the Lord Himself is inviting me to dance with Him, care for His sheep, bring Peace.  He wants me to partner with Him! Then, to make sure that I don’t miss His invitation, He tells me (in a dream) that I’m a great cheerleader, but now He needs me in the game. And I’m blown away at what’s implied here:  He thinks that I have the skills, the savvy, the know-how to be a player on the court!  What???  After I spent most of the year whining and pouting?  Really??? God you are SO GOOD!

After the service this past Saturday, I was so encouraged by the many friends who shared with me that they, too, are stepping into their “suddenlies” with the Lord in recent days.  Many are seeing the fruition of prophetic words they received a decade or more ago!  MORE LORD!

There is a quickening in my spirit that many more of you will step into your moment with the Lord, and you will know it. The Lord is so gentle and wise and loving and He knows what you need to hear and even how you need to hear it.  He’s coaxing you even now--see and listen!  I love the verse that Eric Johnson shared at the end of the worship set at Open Heavens.  He read from The Passion Translation this declaration from King David:
 
"You keep every promise you've ever made to me! Since your love for me is so constant and endless, I as you, Lord, to finish every good thing that you've begun in me!"
Psalm 138:8
The Lord is the FAITHFUL ONE and He will do what He declares over your life!

YAY, GOD!
Love, Suzanne

No comments:

Post a Comment