Friday, February 12, 2016

Tenacity and Truth by Pastor Karena Lout


Tenacity & Truth
by Pastor Karena Lout

Thank you to everyone who supported our Cambodia team! All of your encouraging words and prayers carried us and gave us strength. We saw God heal people physically and emotionally. One thing we didn’t get to share last Sat. was that Vivian shared a testimony at a church in a remote province about several of her family members coming to the Lord. About thirty adults and children decided to accept Jesus into their hearts after she shared. Our Father’s tender love touched hearts in profound ways at Esther’s House, in churches, a bible school, a bar and the slums. Our team has come back with full hearts and new hope that we will see an end to human trafficking in our time.

On a personal level, I was really impacted by one woman named Ginny. She and her husband have a family style compound filled with amazing young people. Many have been rescued, restored and transformed in powerful ways. Our team held a Father’s Love conference for them during our trip. We were so moved by all God did, we had to be peeled off the floor by the end.

A few days later, we met with Ginny and she began to share about her dreams for the future and the passions in her heart. I began to weep as she shared. I was so impacted by her tenacity and determination. I became more aware of the areas in my own life that I have easily given into intimidation and fear. As I take steps toward some dreams that God has put in my heart, I’ve noticed that new challenges often arise, as well as areas in my heart that I still need more truth. I’m learning how to not allow the challenges to dominate or destroy the dream. I’m learning that if I take any risks at all, falling down is inevitable and that’s okay. God gives us courage to get back up.

I want to encourage you that your greatest challenge will most likely be the area you have the greatest victory. Before I accepted Jesus in my life, I felt dirty and worthless because of some things that were done to me and some things that I did. My redemption story is that my name means “Pure.” I love that every time I get to share with young girls about their worth and value, I’m not only crushing the lies of the enemy but I’m being myself.  

I pray the same tenacity and determination that Ginny prayed for me will be yours too. I pray that in your weakness, Christ’s strength would be made perfect. Every challenge you face is an opportunity to grow and part of the path toward your ocean of dreams. Be encouraged if your dream feels too impossible or if the mountain seems too big to climb. You’re in the perfect position to see God move in ways you didn’t know were possible. Don’t give up. You got this!

“He knows us far better than we know ourselves, knows our pregnant condition, and keeps us present before God. That’s why we can be so sure that every detail in our lives of love for God is worked into something good.” Rom. 8:28 (message)

Love, Karena

No comments:

Post a Comment