Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Dream Fulfillment by Mark Paulson

(Mark is one of the Blazing Fire Winds of Change home group leaders in the San Jose area)

I remember getting out of rehab and asking God, “I have no idea where to go from here; what do you want me to do?” I don’t think I’ve ever been quite as furious at him as when he replied, “what do you want to do?” He flipped my “perfect will” paradigm on its head.

Life is exciting, spontaneous, and vibrant. Many of us have spent a long time in a culture of fear that feels like it needs umpteen confirmations for every decision. In the early church, however, they said, “it seemed good to us and the Spirit.” While I think a confirmation or two often brings peace and greater fellowship, I also think there is an adventurous spirit within each of us that God created to uniquely put on display. Don’t put your dreams on hold. More times than not, you’ll find God planted that dream. So don’t throw away dreams that seem too big for you. God relishes bringing about big dreams in your life.

When He convinces you of who you really are and you realize the unparalleled security of Abba’s loving embrace, old passions and dreams are awakened with even loftier expected outcomes. He blows the lid off limitations to your co-dreaming with Him! You don’t feel like you’re walking a tightrope because you see your boundary lines have fallen in totally pleasant places with tons of room for wonderment and exploration. Since you live from joyous sabbathing in what He has done, it will not feel like the weight of the world is on you for the fulfillment of your dreams. It will be a totally joyous unfolding of desires fulfilled as His powerful grace gift works marvelously through you and the family He places around you. Go ahead, ask Him for nations!

Psalm 2:8
Ask of me and I will give you the nations as your inheritance, the ends of the earth your possession.

No comments:

Post a Comment