Friday, June 19, 2009

Don't worry about...ANYTHING! - June 12, 2009

Hey Friends!

First off, I want to direct your attention to Blazing Fire's brand new web site! It's still at the same web address, www.blazingfire.org. Bill Hernandez (of Blazing Fire Church) has done an amazing job constructing it and it now has more of the features (along with a brand new look) that we needed to better fulfill the vision God has given us to impact the world with the fire of His love--see how creatively this is depicted in our new logo! If you have a web design need, you can see Bill's website at www.upperdesignstudio.com. Check out our new site www.blazingfire.org and look around!

Now for an encouraging word!

Don’t worry about…

ANYTHING!

“Don’t worry about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God, and the peace of God, which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.” (Phil 4:6-7)

With the barrage of negative news coming at you from every direction, you have a moment by moment choice before you. The choice is this: “Whose report am I going to believe?” God’s report is this: “You have been chosen by me to be my blessed and highly favored child and to be a light in the midst of darkness. All things are working for your good at all times!” But the world’s report which is fueled by fear and the enemy’s intimidation is…well…not very encouraging to say the least.

The world says, “Fret! Be anxious!”

God says to you, “Peace! Be still!”

The world says, “Lose sleep worrying! All is lost!”

God says to you, “I am for you!” I am in total control! All is going according to my plan!”

He assures you of a peace that surpasses all understanding. What that means is that you have to give up your demand to have everything all figured out in your mind, because that’s still you trying to take care of you. God’s peace, which bypasses your understanding, is a direct feed from His Spirit to your spirit. So, even when your mind can’t come up with the solutions, your spirit is already at rest. Next you listen to the truth of that still small voice inside of you (that would be the Spirit of Christ) and let Him restore the peace of your emotions and your thinking back into their proper alignment.

Take a deep breath (right now!) and remind yourself, “All is well! I have a GOOD shepherd who promised to take exceptional care of me! I am my beloveds and He is mine! All things are working out for my good! Ahhhhhhhhhh…I will worry about…NOTHING!

Jesus says to you:

“Peace I leave with you. My peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid!” (John 14:27)

No comments:

Post a Comment