Thursday, April 18, 2024

THE BEAUTY OF GOD - by Todd Benjamin Lout




No one has seen God at any time.
But if we love one another (with unselfish concern),
God abides in us, and His love (the love that is His essence abides in us and)
is completed and perfected in us. 
1 JOHN 4:12 - Aplified

 

Recently I was contemplating, again, the concept of God's beauty. As a worship leader, I lead many songs that speak of His beauty. At times I've checked in with myself about how much I believe it. Like you, I want to see for myself!! 

But time and again my heart comes back to the assurance that God, Himself, is so magnificent that He simply gives us glimpses on this side of eternity.  This passage above speaks of this. 

For sure, when we allow ourselves to be flooded with love, releasing others of our judgment and letting go of ill feelings, we get clearer eyes. Our hearts become tenderized and we begin to see God's beauty in the face of those around us.  Of course we can also see it in nature, that's a given,  (and a good reason to get in nature as much as possible), but He made us in HIs likeness. When we serve someone out of love, we start to see Him. 

He's not left us without. I think He just knows that when we finally see His actual face, we will need our new, heavenly bodies to be able to handle it!

Love, Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment