Thursday, April 27, 2023

FREEDOM IN THE SPIRIT - by Diane Jung

2 Corinthians 3:16-18 NLT
But whenever someone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. For the Lord is the Spirit, and wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. So all of us who have had that veil removed can see and reflect the glory of the Lord. And the Lord—who is the Spirit—makes us more and more like him as we are changed into his glorious image. NLT
 
Holy Spirit has a way of removing veils in my life. Veils are hinderances and separate us from God’s loving truths. As I prepared my message, I could feel insecurities creeping in my mind. All week, thoughts of “ Who am I to give this message, and I don’t have anything to offer” ruminated like a hamster spinning on a wheel. I felt alone and anxious.  I asked Holy Spirit for His insight and He lovingly took me to my past to places I believed I wasn’t worthy. In each place, I saw Jesus holding me tenderly, saying “ You are number one in my heart.” I started crying, and felt a shift in my heart as Holy Spirit was removing these veils of lies. My spirit was awakening, where His truth was illuminating that I am never separated from Jesus, the object of His affection, and becoming His image bearer, reflecting His glory. This happened because of Holy Spirit’s guidance and I didn’t have to do anything!!!
 
Holy Spirit is the ultimate helper because He matures us into God’s truth, revealing our authentic selves where we mirror Jesus! It is His job to move us from our veiled, distorted reality towards God’s truthful, eternal reality. Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is Freedom!!
 
I encourage you in spending time with Holy Spirit, asking him in revealing any veils, and allowing Him to bring His truths, so you can live freely from God’s deep love. It may take time, but He is with you every step of the way. 
 
Prayer: Holy Spirit, come and blow your revelation light upon our veils. We declare your breakthrough as you part the seas of lies, crush hinderances, and break us free of illusions. Let your abiding love dwell deeper within us.  We are grateful that you are transforming us, where we are blossoming into the glorious image of our sweet Jesus. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment