Saturday, July 15, 2017

Reflections on The Sound by Pastor Brent Lokker

First and foremost, I want to tell you how much I love all of you in my Blazing Fire family! I'm so proud of how deeply you love the Lord and how you share His passion to see sons and daughters enter into His Kingdom of love and grace!
 
Suzanne and I were blown away by how many of you participated in The Sound this past weekend. We recall seeing the faces of at least 60 of you at Hippie Hill on Saturday during our worship set. Susan Fochler estimates that those of you who volunteered your time and love to be part of our prophetic/healing tent on Friday at the Jerry Garcia Amphitheater were able to richly bless over 100 people!
 
I’ve heard first hand stories from at least a dozen of you, recounting to me your life-giving interactions with passer-byers in the park, the powerful spiritual encounters you saw happening from heaven’s perspective and how you felt a deep oneness with the Body of Christ to agree with God’s heart for a city that He so loves. Chris Burns shared that there were “more people saved (especially on a Friday night outreach to the Height and on Saturday at Hippie Hill) than we can count.” One such story was of a man who came daily to Hippie Hill to smoke marijuana but on this day could not light up because he was so captivated by the peace He felt and didn't want that to be altered in any way. He was encountering Jesus and he found Jesus!
 
As we all unashamedly and openly displayed our love for Jesus, the environment was infused with an increased desire in us to know Jesus and make Him known which directly impacted the hearts of those wandering by to know Him as well. We are all maturing in Christ to share in the Apostle Paul’s mission:
 
“But nothing, not even my life, is more important than my completing my mission. This is nothing other than the ministry I received from the Lord Jesus: to testify about the good news of God’s grace” (Acts 20:24).
 
I believe we participated in a catalytic moment that will have a far more reaching impact than we can comprehend. But what I do believe we will begin experiencing even now is an increase fire within us to make Jesus known and an increased hunger in the ones we are touching to encounter our very real Jesus who loves them right where they're at.
 
I hope to hear a few of the stories from you this Saturday night at Blazing Fire's worship service before we experience the extreme blessing of having Dr. Susan Richards minister the healing touch of Jesus to us.

We're embarking on some truly remarkable times together!

With Love,

Pastor Brent

No comments:

Post a Comment