Thursday, February 9, 2017

Jesus Closed the Distance by Pastor Karena Lout

I AM MY BELOVED'S AND HIS DESIRE IF FOR ME
SONG OF SOLOMON 7:10
There’s a chorus Misty Edwards sings that grips my heart every time I hear it, “I don’t want to talk about you like you’re not in the room. I want to look right at you. I want to sing right to you.” Sometimes difficulties, pain, disappointment or even busyness can cause our hearts to become hardened. It can feel that a chasm has separated our hearts from Jesus who gave His life to close that distance. Recently Jesus met me up close and personal and reminded me how accessible He is. That chorus Misty sings is more than a nice song to sing. It’s meant to be our every day reality.

There’s Something Bigger Going On
Many of us sense that there’s a deep hunger for the real Jesus and can see that many of His kids are looking to find their way home. We’re already seeing it happen. I have to admit that I became jaded when hearing that revival is coming. I’d often ask God, “What does that even mean?” I encourage you to put on new lenses to see it in a new way. When it comes down to it, revival looks like softened hearts that are surrendered to Jesus. It starts with us. We can only give what we have ourselves. As we look ahead to what God is going to pour out in the earth, there is also a “returning” to what He’s already done. If our hearts aren’t moved, if we’re simply going through the motions of life, if we only want to reach others because it’s the “right thing to do”, we’ve missed the whole point. Let His passion for you and for His kids be your motivator. Jesus wants your heart fully alive.

His Steady Gaze Gives Us Courage
As we look into the eyes of Jesus, the noisy traffic in our head gets silent, our hearts become more tenderized and He gives us courage to begin to leave behind the former things that have prevented us from fully receiving from Him. I know many people who have felt stuck in old patterns, past pain and disappointment. These things breed familiarity and can leave you feeling stuck in stagnant waters. But Jesus is giving us a new normal. It’s a beautiful flowing river that is available for you. “Who is this coming up from the wilderness, leaning on her Beloved.” SOS 8:5. You’re going to come through the wilderness into your Promised Land; not in your own strength but as you lean on all Jesus IS and has done for you. It’s time!

My Prayer For You
I encourage you to return to the place that you first met Jesus and felt His love for you and as you do, He will restore the joy of your salvation.  I pray that you would experience how disarming Jesus is and that He’ll give you courage to lay your weapons down, the ways you want to protect yourself. I pray that you would see the justice of Jesus in your life, which is His power to remove everything that would hinder or violate love. Lastly, I pray for great courage to look into the eyes of the ONE who never looks away, to be your true self in the world and to freely give what you’ve been given.

No comments:

Post a Comment