Friday, July 29, 2016

Overcoming Discouragement by Pastor Brent Lokker

I left our Blazing Fire Family Connection gathering last Saturday feeling so filled with love and appreciation for the heart and soul this family carries together.  Then the icing on the cake was the love and power that poured out at Dr. Susan Richard’s “Fullness of Joy” conference last Saturday evening. Many miracles took place.  I prayed for a young woman who suffered from plantar fasciitus (extreme pain in the souls of the feet) that also eventually led to extreme pain in her knees. After praying for a minute or so, there was definite relief, and after praying a second time, all the pain was completely gone!  I have another amazing story that I’ll share this Saturday during our service
 
Dr. Susan is a rare individual who carries tremendous authority in the Spirit realm and regularly sees powerful miracles but who, at the same time, walks in an ultra-soothing gentleness and humility.  She drips of the love and grace of Jesus!
 
Dr. Susan will be with us at Blazing Fire Church next Saturday, August 6th, during our regular worship time, 6-8:30 pm.  God continues to bless us beyond measure with people who want to come and pour out the riches Papa has placed within them. 
 
Overcoming Discouragement
 
Now for something real: The very next day, Sunday, I battled a big-time attack of discouragement.  I can tell you the moment it sprung upon me and instantly I was questioning what I was building and what it was all for.  To appreciate this story, you have to understand that I have been given a strong gift of faith and Kingdom optimism that comes in extremely handy in leading others into Kingdom realities.
 
I decided to go to the keyboard and worship, but to be quite honest, I was in a sulky mood (also not my true nature) and I just didn’t want to.  So after a minute or two of that futility, I decided to go to my home office to have a good cry with the Lord.  I often find great freedom in sincerely crying my heart out to the Lord (with actual tears) in the times I’m needing to do that.  Well…I tried to cry…and I couldn’t!  Really, I just couldn’t cry.  So then, I decided to tell the Lord why everything was so bad and suddenly I realized…I couldn’t come up with anything.  I tried several times to try and pout about what was so wrong only to discover that I couldn’t do it!
 
I’m not sure if you’re getting this yet, but the Lord made it so crystal clear to me: “Son, this isn’t you.  This was a spirit of discouragement that pounced on you because, at a certain point, you decided it was easier to give in than to fight it with the truth.  The false feelings it projected were sadness and despair, but it wasn’t real.  There’s no substance to it.  It’s a shadow trying to masquerade as something.  You couldn’t come up with a true reason to cry because it wasn’t there.”
 
Let me say at this point I understand there are some good reasons to cry and sometimes it’s the healthiest thing we can do.  But this was an outright devious, shadowy attack that had no substance to it.
 
Once I had this understanding from Papa, I went to the keyboard and worshipped my heart out.  Just as suddenly as the cloud of discouragement descended, it disappeared!
 
The enemy doesn’t fight fair, but you have a Father who protects you, a Savior who fights for you, and a Holy Spirit who instructs you and gives you discernment.  In the end, you are on the winning side every time!  Do you hear me?!  It’s true!!
 
I pray for you a keen discerning from the Spirit of God to know when something doesn’t “feel” right, doesn’t line up with what is true in your spirit.  And I pray for encouragement and worship and love and joy to flood your spirit and your soul.  You are alive for such a time as this!  The enemy can do what he wants to try to distract you, but God will win every time and your light is going to shine brighter and brighter!
 
Much Love,

Pastor Brent

No comments:

Post a Comment