Saturday, April 12, 2014

A Call to Action - Danny Silk's Intern

From Brent: 2 months after Danny Silk's visit to Blazing Fire, are we still allowing the Holy Spirit to teach us how to "Keep our Love On"?

Blazing Fire family, let's keep traveling together deeper into the Father's heart where He will burn away anything that keeps our hearts confused from the truth of who we really are and keeps us divided.

Read this blog "A Call to Action," from one of Danny's interns, and be inspired:

A Call to Action!

I love this whole idea of ‘Keeping your love on”.  It stirs up such emotion and hope, creativity and opportunity in my spirit. I have to admit, that initially it also stirred up some fear and pressure. Some stinking thinking sometimes still gets in my way… thoughts like, “Can I really do this all the time?” “What about when I am mistreated and I am justified in my hurt or anger…what then?” I have found in those moments, it is even more important for me to “Keep my love on”! I am discovering that keeping my love on is one of those things that is more about me than it is my circumstances or others. It is mostly about recognizing how my Father God loves me and then emulating that love.  Emulating it to myself first… then to others.

Danny Silk recently shared, “Our Father God has convinced us that absolutely nothing, NOTHING we do will separate us from His love. Let me say that again…because it bears repeating…nothing, no political belief, no sexual preference, no sin, no demon, no principality; NOTHING will separate us from His love!” That is the heartbeat of God, the heartbeat of love, the heartbeat of who we should be with Christ in us. This is huge! I wonder what my immediate world would look like if I operated with my love turned on all the time.  If I was the best me that showed up in any and every relationship, situation, place and task.  If all of us who say we are Christians operated with this level of love, I imagine we would have strong families, communities, cultures and even nations. Probably ‘World Peace’!

Can you imagine it…’Love on’ everywhere you go, no offense, no judgment, and no condemnation. WOW! I think that is what Jesus wants from us…He wants us to be the light of the world…a light to the world.

When we operate with our love on, we create for others an experience and opportunity for them to encounter Jesus. We begin to create a culture. The Bible speaks to a world of miracles signs and wonders following believers. How is that working for you? You might be thinking here, yep, I’m out doing these things…or maybe it’s nope, I don’t see evidence of that in my life, so am I missing something? Well, I think those miracles signs and wonders are not just the big things like miraculous healings, manifestations of the Spirit or other amazing things that make you wonder about God. I think those miracles; signs and wonders begin at home. They begin with our family and they spread to the people in our daily lives. It is from this place of intimate love that we affect our world for God. The miracles are in the confidence, power and freedom that our children and we feel in our identities within Christ. It is in the signs that we see in behavior and choices as we learn to navigate this thing called life. It comes in our growth towards Him and in sharing His love and Spirit with others. It is a miracle to raise a child in this day and age that knows not only who God is, but who he/she is because of Christ; a child that has a relationship with God, not just an awareness of God.

We are all called to “Go and make disciples of all the nations…” Consider that this call may look different than you imagined. Consider that there are possibly countless ways that you alone cannot fathom or accomplish to disciple the nations. Consider what you can do…. you can impact one person, one family, you can impact a neighborhood, a generation, a community, and even a nation by  “Keeping your love on”.

I feel that this idea, this concept of ‘Keeping your love on” is really a call to action for us as Christians. It is what sets us apart…they will know we are Christians by our love!

Thoughtfully submitted
by Ginny Comstock
Intern To Loving on Purpose

No comments:

Post a Comment