Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Oh The Sweet Way He Inspires by Pastor Todd Benjamin Lout

The week before last held it’s challenges, as some weeks do. I don’t consider myself terribly unversed at how to maneuver through some rough waters here and there. Worship, prayer and the Word are staples for me. However, there comes that moment when it dawns on me, again, that I really need to just quiet myself. Just to intentionally have no other agenda but to sit with Holy Spirit, allowing my mind to descend into my heart and observe Jesus there.

Upon this familiar “ah-ha moment” I dropped everything, (trying to figure things out, busying myself, etc.), and went to my front porch. I created a little sanctuary on the porch with foliage and a comfy, outdoor Papasan chair. It took several minutes to re-train my brain to just be calm. Eventually my ears became attuned to the sound of the birds all around. This relaxing, beautiful sound. It’s usually there but we rarely really notice it. My ears tuned in and my heart softened. I thought, “Wow, my perfect Father loves this sound and allows it’s peacefulness to be a soundtrack to our days, whether it's a bit of a chaotic day or not. “ The more I listened the more I was filled with gratitude. I stayed there for a considerable amount of time until there was nothing but tenderness.

Are not two sparrows sold for a copper coin? And not one of them falls to the ground apart from your Father’s will. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows. - Matthew 10:29-31

After I went back in the house I got on the keyboard and began to worship a bit. “THUD!” came a shocking noise against our family room window. Out of the corner of my eye I was pretty sure I saw a little bird hit the window. My daughter, Sierra, and I went out to the back porch to investigate. We saw this little bird, standing in a corner, like a scolded school kid. I reached down to this cute creature and there was no resistance at all. Carefully I scooped it up and held it in my hand. Sierra noticed the bird’s beak was stuck open. It’s eyes were rolling some and there was definitely injury to it’s jaw area. It was so sad. We laid fingers on this cutie and began to declare healing. Right away there was improvement but we persisted until we noticed things looked normal. When the bird was healed I put it on a branch of a potted tree I have,(this particular tree is my fullest one and has been growing out of dirt mixed with my father’s ashes). The bird stayed for about a half hour more, then flew away.


(This is an actual photo of this little dude or dudette) 

I really felt like God had pleasure over my arriving at such appreciation for the sound of His little birds. Moments later He lets me rescue one and even see it through to healing...a chance to return the favor to these little creations for what they provide.

He loves us more than we know. He desires to weave intricate strands of gold through our days and we’ll notice them when we are still and know that He is God.

Here's an interesing P.S.
My wife, Karena, was in Cambodia when this happend. On that same day a little bird flew into the place where she was staying and got trapped. Karena rescued it and returned it to the outdoors.

No comments:

Post a Comment