Saturday, February 27, 2021

Jesus in the Journey

Hi Family! 

Last Saturday night at Blazing Fire, the Lord encouraged me to share a piece of my journey and I am so thankful I followed through! I am in a new season of my life and lately it has felt as though there are just constant challenges. A vision came to me during worship that completely shifted my mindset. 

I envisioned I was hiking up a steep mountain and all I could think about was just getting through this hike. Nothing else mattered except making it up this mountain. Once I reached the top of the mountain, there was another one to climb; mountain after mountain and it was never ending. Until finally Jesus stopped me in my tracks. He told me to look back and recognize where I had come from. When I turned around I saw an entire mountain range that I had just climbed. I was so focused on just getting through the painful part that I had forgotten to celebrate the journey. Jesus then asked me to look down at my right hand. He had been holding my hand the entire time and never let go for a second. I had gotten so lost in overcoming this challenge that my eyes weren't on Jesus.

Often times, I find myself in a season that feels as though it’s just one challenge after another. Jesus never fails to remind me that life is worth enjoying and I should celebrate the journey! It's so easy to get caught up in earthly challenges but when I look to Jesus, he reminds me that life is more than just challenges. Thank you Jesus for bringing color and joy to life!

 

"Truth's shining light guides me in my choices and decisions;
the revelation of your word makes my pathway clear."

Psalm 119:105 (TPT)


Love, Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment