Thursday, November 19, 2020

Gaining God's Perspective

Last Saturday at Blazing Fire, we enjoyed a beautiful family time together with intimate worship, communion, the deep sharing of hearts and a profound word the Lord had given Susan Fochler about how He’s inviting us into the process of removing old structures and old ways of perceiving ourselves and others. He’s doing this in order to build upon the foundation of Jesus something in us that knows our true self and that will hold the weight of His glory as He will reveal it. Several more people then shared spontaneously about engaging in this process of giving the Lord access to the deepest places of their hearts. In today’s email, we wanted you to be encouraged by another such story by a courageous one among us. Here’s Shannon’s story:
 
I am finding out quickly that no matter how you feel, no matter what you are going through, no matter how many jackhammered-turned-temper-tantrums you have, no matter how distant from God you feel, He still speaks to you, He still gets your attention and He still loves you. I’ve literally been asking for this, but I didn't think it would look like this. It’s terrifying at times to be face to face with your deepest emotions, good or bad. The pendulum swinging of the eruption within the foundation of your true self, the tearing of the old thought patterns, the changing of perceptions, and embracing who you really are can be challenging when wading through the junk of the past. The enemy only remembers where you have been, God knows where you will be. The challenges I have personally faced are the demons of the past. Oh, how the enemy wants to destroy me, but I am forever holding the strong hand of a Father who cherishes me deeply. It is His strength going through every fiber of my being to remain faithful to His word, His truth, and embrace deeply His love.
 
My entire life, from the womb until present day, all I have known is to fight. Conceived out of wedlock, born to a young married couple, I literally flew into this world with the doctor arriving just in time to catch me in his hands. That was the foundation—the beginning of my fight to live in this world. I was born six weeks early, weighing 3 pounds 7 ounces. According to the doctor I wasn’t going to make it. My father's words were, “Let her die here, I don’t want to get attached and have her die at home.” Two days later the doctor declared I would live because I was a girl and fought for my life. When I reached 5 pounds, I was able to leave the hospital. Little did they know this was just the beginning of my fight to fit into this world!
 
Because my mother had Rubella (German measles) I was a sick baby. I was born with a cataract in my right eye, leaving that eye blind. I was born with all my baby teeth falling out one by one and a few adult teeth growing in its place. When I was three, they found I was profoundly deaf.
To Satan, I am a threat to this world, so he tried to shut my mouth, my eyes and my ears. Silly thing, didn't he know that spiritually I can function well in all three? What the enemy stole in the womb, God knows how to restore. He did, He has and He will!
 
The enemy tried so hard to shut me down in so many ways. Yet I stood and remained in the fight for my life, for the world I live in, for the love I so needed, and for the embrace of God. Do I want to give up? Yes and no. Hiding is not an option, neither is fleeing. In my continuing to fight, finding rest and peace has not been easy as everything within me is being remodeled to have that stronger foundation the Lord is building upon. So, I continue to keep my eyes focused on HIM. As the whispers of the enemy come and go, I lean in to hear my Father's voice, clearly. Thank God He doesn't have a mask on! It is His crisp and clear voice that speaks while I go through the shakings of my inner being. I get to truly see with a different perspective and know that He is my hope, He is my strength, He is my lover, He is my friend, He is my biggest cheerleader and He fights for me. With that being said, the piece I wrote is called Perspective. Enjoy and be encouraged!

Perspective
When you turn to a new perspective
When you change your mindset
You no longer see what you thought
You believed
No longer are you in the shadow
Of the night
You are now in the shadow under
His wings
Reach up and hold His hand
Let His strength run through
Your veins and
Help you to stand again
Lift up your head, Child
Upon His face, is a beautiful smile
Melting away all the pain
No matter where you have been,
Where you are or will be
He will always love you
Every tear that you cry
Falls upon your heart
He holds it to soften,
to heal,
And be made whole
Oh, Child,
He fights for you
No matter the journey
You are on
He is always for you
His love runs deep
Setting your heart free
Never forget who you are
Child of God
Oh, Beloved
Child of God
© Jennifer Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment