Thursday, March 23, 2017

Light Thrives in Darkness - Pastor Karena Lout

“A light that thrives in the depths of darkness, blazes through murky bottoms.
It cannot and will not be quenched.”  - John 1:5
- The Voice translation -
 Light seems to be the theme in my life lately. Whether I turn on the radio, open my bible or have a conversation with someone, light is mentioned. I recently spoke about human trafficking and the safe house I help at to some students from Bethel’s School of Supernatural Ministry. After I spoke, one of the students told me, “Even though you’re talking about such a heavy topic, I could see light the whole time. You gave us permission to partner with hope.” Her words really encouraged me. Even though our world often feels upside down and there is so much injustice around every corner, my prayer is that I would see light increasing.
 
This increasing light can also be applied to our hearts. There have been times that I was afraid to uncover pain in my heart, fearing that I’d be judged, disappointed or left to deal with it on my own. It takes time and trust to believe that Jesus not only enjoys being with us on our “mountaintops” but also in our “valleys.” He IS light and in Him there is no darkness, so when we invite Him in, every corner and every space of our hearts gets illuminated with light.
“The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life, of whom shall I be afraid.”  - Psalm 27:1
When my nephew, Zion was little, he had a difficult time pronouncing his name and would go around saying, “My name is Shiny.” As cute as that sounds, it’s true! You are shining ones. Even as you brave your way through the seemingly dark places, the light inside you will lead you home. I pray for courage to invite Jesus to shine light on the places of your heart that have felt untouched and hidden. As the light of His face shines on your heart, you will thrive through the throes of every storm that comes your way. I pray that you would experience that in greater measure than ever before.

No comments:

Post a Comment