Sunday, May 3, 2015

Trust God by Pastor Brent Lokker



As you probably already know, this past month my family was contending together for my sister Karlin's life and then a week ago (with sadness on our part for the ways we will miss her in this life) celebrate her glorious homecoming with Jesus in heaven. So many of you joined right in with us declaring her healing and we are so very grateful for your loving and faith-filled hearts! This past Saturday at Blazing Fire, Suzanne, myself, and my sister-in-love, Julia, each shared some insights of our journey with God through the process (you can listen to that right here if you’re interested: http://blazingfire.podbean.com/e/loving-well-under-pressure-brent-suzanne-lokker/ )

Life’s trials and crises have a way of bringing to the forefront what is in the depths of our hearts like nothing else can. Our heavenly Papa uses these times to lovingly invite us into greater places of maturity and growth with Him, should we choose to want that.

James 1:2-3 in the Message Bible puts it this way:

Consider it a sheer gift, friends, when tests and challenges come at you from all sides. You know that under pressure, your faith-life is forced into the open and shows its true colors. So don’t try to get out of anything prematurely. Let it do its work so you become mature and well-developed, not deficient in any way.

It’s important to remember as we navigate the complexities of our lives with the Lord that He is intrigued and fascinated with us, not frustrated or irritated with us. And always, He is 100% committed to our success (the way He defines success!).

Being very transparent with you, I want to share a bit of what has surfaced in my heart over the past week or so. I will share it in the form of questions that the Lord posed to me and ask that Holy Spirit brings deeper revelation to you for whatever situations you may be going through in your life at this time.

1. Is your trust placed in Me (God) alone or is it placed in the desired outcome of what you are praying for?

2. Just because you had a desired outcome in mind that didn’t work out that way, does that mean your faith was any less pleasing to Me?

3. Will you allow Me to show you subtle ways you are still, at times, trying to substitute a formula or the right way of doing things in place of a genuine, intimate relationship with me?

4. Can you celebrate with Me the process you are in and the progress of your relationship with Me to this point?

As you ponder these things with the Lord, and anything else He wants to show you, I leave you with this verse:

Why, my soul, are you downcast?

Why so disturbed within me?

Put your hope in God,

for I will yet praise him,

my Savior and my God.

Psalm 43:5

With Much Love & Peace in my Heart,
Brent

No comments:

Post a Comment