Friday, March 1, 2024

REVIVAL OF LOVE - by Shannon Downs

This last Saturday night we hade a long time of worship, lingering in front of the Throne of God, you could say. Holy Spirit moved on a few of our folks to share some things. One in particular was amazing friend Shiela. 

Shannon, who moved to Texas a while back but still connects with us online, was so moved as she was tuning in. The things that Sheila was sharing went so very beautifully with a poem that Shannon had written that very day! 
We wanted to share that poem with you below:

Revival of Love

I closed my eyes and I did see: 

Jesus and I sitting on a bench 
There are trees all around
Yellow flowers blooming on them
Like stars in the sky
A river flowing nearby

I look into your eyes
I look away
Feeling a little shy
I hear him whisper, He did say
My child, there is no shame
No guilt, just the foundation 
Of my Love that is being built

So look at me, tell me, child
What do you see?
I see the night falling
Dusk disappearing
The darkness has come
Yet you are sitting here
Shining glory bright
Like the noonday sun
Leading the way
As if the darkness never came

My heart is burning with
The fire of your love
I see you transforming every heart
Of those who cry out your name
Longing for the same

My child, tap into my love 
Let it flow so others may know
My love is never-ending
The river of love is flowing
It keeps on flowing 
From the throne room of Heaven

It is a revival of love that will never end
Oh, it will never end….

©Jennifer Shannon
02/24/24 

No comments:

Post a Comment