Thursday, November 25, 2021

God's Perfect Plan

When I was a little kid we used to sing this song at church, "In everything give thanks, for this is the will of God. In everything give thanks, for this is the will of God. In everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you!"  My grandpa would sing it. My parents would sing it at home. 

One day young Toddy, (who was the quiet and often teased kid at school), was having a particularly bad day.  Last picked on the baseball team and not wanting to play in the first place, I was outfield, hoping the ball wouldn’t come my way. Kids were not very kind about my inability to be “sporty”.  In the midst of some high anxiety, the words of that often-sung song began to go through my head, then my heart.  I was able to recall some things God had done for me and such. Within a couple of minutes I felt like I had a secret little world of my own going on that nobody around me knew of and I felt safe there.

God always knows what He’s talking about. He gave us certain guidelines to live the most successful life by. Now it’s up to us to apply them. Check out what He put here in 1 Thessalonians 5:16 - 18:

“Let joy be your continual feast. Make your life a prayer. And in the midst of everything be always
giving thanks, for this is God’s perfect plan for you in Christ Jesus.”

Next time something stressful is going on, try turning your thoughts into gratitude. And if, in the moment, you’re having trouble thinking of something, just ask Holy Spirit to help you out. He remembers the whole inventory of goodness in your life.

Bless ya’ll and have a great Thanksgiving!

Love, Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment