Thursday, May 6, 2021

What Do You See?

In John 5 Jesus says, “I only do what I see my Father doing.” It seems pretty important that our eyes are open to what is happening in the unseen realm. In 2006, a group of us were in Israel praying for our Saturday night service. As we were praying, I suddenly saw a picture of so many small gold crowns. During this open vision, I began putting them on young girls’ heads. These girls seemed to be 6-8 years old from a country in Asia. I was filled with so much love for these girls. As I put the crowns on their heads, Jesus began to show them their true worth and identity.

Fast forward 7 years later, during my first trip to Cambodia, I was helping at a safe home for young girls who were trafficked (many sold by their own family). As I was praying about what activity I should do with them, I felt I should talk to the girls about the value Jesus has given them and buy gold crowns for them to decorate. It wasn’t until my team and I put the crowns on the girls’ heads that I remembered the vision I had 7 years earlier. Many things happen in the spirit realm before it’s manifest in our natural world.
 

“Faith celebrates as certain what hope visualizes as future.
Faith alone explains what is not apparent to the natural eye;
how the ages were perfectly framed by the Word of God.
Now we understand that everything visible has its origin in the invisible.”

Hebrews 11:1-3 (Mirror translation)

 
God asks, “what do you see?” throughout the bible (Jeremiah 1:11, Amos 7:8, Zechariah 4:2). Jesus challenged the disciples pretty often to see from heaven’s perspective. In our current time, it’s pretty easy to see what’s not going right in our world. But Jesus is always encouraging us to see from a different viewpoint. Our spiritual sight allows us to partner with what God is doing. It bypasses our limited understanding and temporal perspective to see the eternal; what’s lasting.
 
My prayer is that God would begin to awaken all of your senses to what he is doing and saying. He loves to communicate in ways that are personal to you. He is always available, accessible and faithful to share more with you! I encourage you to take some time to get quiet and listen to what he wants to show you today.
 
 Love, Karena

No comments:

Post a Comment