Friday, August 16, 2019

Christ In Me Is Your Greatest Reality by Pastor Brent Lokker

Last Saturday I shared about an encounter I recently had in the middle of the night when I was praying for healing from a cold. I heard God say to me, “Go back.” So I started to pray to block the moment whenever the cold virus entered my body. But I heard a second time, “Go back.” My spirit then knew I was being invited back to the scourging of Jesus where by his stripes I am healed (Is 53:5), back to the cross where I had been crucified with Christ (Gal 2:20), back to the tomb where I was buried with Christ (Rom 6:4), and into the heavens where I have been resurrected with Christ and am now seated with Him in heavenly places (Col 3:1, Eph 2:6).  I then saw superimposed over my body a huge “I” and heard the Spirit say, “’I’ no longer lives. It is Christ who lives in you.” In my half asleep state, I repeated this again and again for a significant amount of time. It comes from Galatians 2:20:
“I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.”
The next morning when reflecting on this encounter, Holy Spirit began to show me even more of the beauty and miracle of “’I’ no longer lives, but it is Christ who lives in me.” I encourage you to speak the following truths out loud to yourself. It would be therapeutic and healing!

“I” gets afraid and wants to hide.
But “I” no longer lives.
It is Christ who lives in me and Christ in me is courageous.

“I” feels isolated and wants to cut off from others.
But “I” no longer lives.
It is Christ who lives in me and Christ in me is connected with God, with me and with others.

“I” compares itself to others, gets intimidated by others and gets jealous of others.
But “I” no longer lives.
It is Christ who lives in me and Christ in me is content and values me infinitely.

“I” wants to numb out with additions and distractions.
But “I” no longer lives.
It is Christ who lives in me and Christ in me is holy and pure.

“I” feels less than and incomplete.
But “I” no longer lives.
It is Christ who lives in me and Christ in me is whole.

“I” thinks its life has no meaning.
But “I” no longer lives.
It is Christ who lives in me and Christ in me is full of life and bears much fruit.

“I” wants to do whatever “I” wants to do.
But “I” no longer lives.
It is Christ who lives in me and I no longer belong to myself, but to Him who loves me and has only the best designs and purposes for my life.

“I” feels disjointed and separated from God at times.
But “I” no longer lives.
It is Christ who lives in me and Christ in me is present at all times. Jesus’ Spirit and mine are intertwined. He and I are one.

Christ in me is the truest reality of who I am!
Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God.
(Colossians 3:1)

No comments:

Post a Comment