Friday, March 22, 2019

Healing in His Presence by Pastor Susan Fochler

Bill Dew has come to Blazing Fire a number of times; and it has always been wonderful.  But there was something very special last weekend.  Worship went deep, hearts were opened up and tenderized.  God’s presence came with sweetness and heaviness…love, power and glory merging together.  Knees, backs, necks healed; laughter and tears pouring out in abundance.     

Healing comes in Different Ways
Many were completely healed, but some only in part.  We always want to know why.Why wasn’t I fully healed?  When I pray for someone, my heart yearns to see total breakthrough, and I have to remind myself to focus back on God’s goodness if that doesn’t happen.  There is no simple answer.  I’ve been healed three times in dramatic ways, but more often it has been a process.  We know God is faithful and we choose to continue to press into Him for more.

We come back to Him, again
I don’t know about you, but I really don’t like trials.  When things don’t turn out the way I think they should, I often need to check my attitude and run to Jesus in a new way with deeper humility.  I need Him so much more than I know..  As Jesus says in John 16:33:  “In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.”  Our only answer is in looking to Him, again and again.  He is the One who has overcome all things, and pours out His victory into our lives with unbridled generosity.  My left brain cannot wrap itself around His goodness, but my right brain helps me to just enjoy receiving it.

His Presence is What We Need
A Bethel song called I Will Exalt has been playing in my head this week.  After Saturday night I was reminded, once again, of how vital God’s presence really is.

Your presence is all I need  It's all I want and all I seek
And without it….Without it there's no meaning

Your presence is the air I breathe   The song I sing, the love I need
And without it….Without it I'm not living

I pray that for whatever is going on with your life, His presence would surround you, sustain you and meet you right where you need Him…He is everything we need!

With love,
Pastor Susan
Bill Dew's Talk

No comments:

Post a Comment