Thursday, May 4, 2017

Stay Steadfast by Pastor Karena Lout

“I run with passion into His abundance so that I may reach the destiny that Jesus Christ has called me to fulfill and wants me to discover. I don’t depend on my own strength to accomplish this; however I do have one compelling focus: I forget all of the past as I fasten my heart to the future instead. I run straight for the divine invitation of reaching the heavenly goal and gaining the victory-prize through the anointing of Jesus." Phil. 3:12-14 (Passion Translation)
I recently heard Heidi Baker say, “If you don’t quit, you win.” It’s interesting, over 80% of people that make New Year’s resolutions to join the gym in January, quit by the second week of February. We tend to want to run from discomfort and pain. After all, who enjoys that? But Jesus promised that our “light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.” He’s committed to see us through!
 
A while back I met a sweet couple that have been married for over 55 years. They are both survivors of the holocaust. They weathered many challenges in life but told me their love for each other was stronger than the day they met. Pastors Brent and Suzanne have been faithfully pastoring in the Tri-Valley for 27 years. They are some of the longest standing pastors in our area. There’s something that grips me when I hear stories of people that have stayed steady and committed for years and years to what God’s set before them in life.
 
During the last 12 years that Todd and I have been youth pastors at Blazing Fire, there have been times that we wanted to throw in the towel. When you love hard, there’s always the risk that disappointment will hurt just as hard. But our hearts are committed to see the youth in our area experience the real, tangible love of Jesus. We’ve gotten to love hundreds of kids throughout the years who’ve come through our door and we’ve been a part of their lives long enough to now go to their weddings. What an honor!
 
I want to encourage you that your faithfulness in every little thing and every big thing in your life hasn’t gone unnoticed. It matters! You ARE moving forward. You ARE making a difference more than you know. Jesus is so proud of you. Keep leaning on Him for your strength. You weren’t meant to do this alone. Don’t quit now.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment