Thursday, November 26, 2015

Facing Fear by church member contributor Theresa Christian and Pastor Brent Lokker



Pastor Brent's message last Saturday night sure got my attention. I could hardly stay still in my seat the whole message! 

Let me take you back one week earlier..... 
I was reading 1 Samuel 17 and right after I finished the story of David and Goliath, God reminded me of a dream I just had that same night:     ...In my dream, I was standing in the hallway of a school and a man, who was as tall as the 8' ceiling, was using foul language. I said to the man, "Excuse me, you can not speak that way in this place." He turned around, continued to speak, without looking at me. I said, "Are you not going to acknowledge me?" He looked down at me and left the school....

I realized something here was very important for me.  For the rest of the week I sat with the story, noting what David was facing and how he was able to face his enemy with boldness, confidence and was fearless. He trusted God wholeheartedly. I needed to do this also, so my next step was to make a list of all the giants that I have been facing. Things that were holding me back and lies that were taunting me. Some of those giants were for health, fear of man and fear of loss. My friend, Sarah Yang and I made a plan to face these giants together on a Sunday hike. We spent all afternoon praying, declaring and making our giants acknowledge us. What freedom and strength we felt as we listened to the Spirit of God. We declared freedom in all areas, for not only us, but for our families, knowing that God was doing all the work. 

While I was preparing my notes, this song was playing, "We will overcome, by the Blood of the Lamb and the word of our testimony. Everyone overcomes. Jesus, Awesome and Great is Your Name - Your Overcame!" 

All that God had shown me the previous week was exactly what Pastor Brent was sharing on Saturday night! God is so amazing! 

Be encouraged and know that God sees you. 
Be brave and face your giants. Freedom is on the other side!

                                                                                   Love, Theresa Christian

You can listen right now to the podcast of Brent’s message, “Facing Fear:”
http://blazingfire.podbean.com/e/facing-fear-brent-lokker/

//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\

And here is a prophetic word from Doug Addison that went out yesterday:
I have been encouraging people to help change the spiritual atmosphere that is over the world right now. There is a thick spiritual fog hanging over many people as a result of masses of people being in fear. Since we are the “Body of Christ” and we are interconnected, when Christians begin to move in mass fear and discouragement it has a negative effect on the entire world (1 Corinthians 12:26).

I want to assure you that we are entering into a new season. The economy did not crash. The second coming of Christ has not occurred. This is a time like never before to come into agreement with the positive plans God has for us all. As we do this, we will shift the atmosphere to that of hope, blessing and encouragement.

(Doug will be with us on New Year’s Eve and Jan. 2nd!)

No comments:

Post a Comment