Thursday, May 3, 2012

You Are The Boast of Heaven - By Pastor Karena Lout

"He establishes you from start to finish; to stand vindicated in your identity in the light of day as evidenced in the Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Corin. 1:8 (Mirror Trans.)

Lately Todd and I have been reflecting on some really sweet memories with our son Josiah, as his high school graduation is quickly approaching. We're amazed at how time seems to have flown by, since we still remember so vividly the day he was born. He didn't need to do a thing for us. We fell in love the moment we laid eyes on him simply because he was our son. I've been enjoying going through pictures, cards and school memorabilia and recognizing the growth in him physically, emotionally and spiritually. I was remembering the milestones of his first words, first steps, first home run in little league, first time he prayed for me and Todd, first time he swam in the deep end of the pool, first time he cooked dinner by himself. And now as a teenager, getting his first job and driver's license. I was reminiscing about the the time he broke one wrist and sprained the other at the same time (yikes!), the way he'd get the attention of a whole restaurant with his silly faces and humor, waking his sister Sierra up every morning by throwing every single toy he owned in her crib, his constant silly singing and dancing throughout the house, our deep talks, the tears, the laughter, the fun.

Probably sounds like I could talk for days and days about my kids. You're right, I can! :) Just as your Father boasts about you to all of Heaven. He speaks with limitless pride about you. Your name is continually on His lips. There isn't a moment that goes by that He isn't thinking about you. The Father has captured every sweet moment of your life and recorded it all. "You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed." Psalm 139:16

Like most parents, as my kids entered public high school, I prayed that I'd given them all the tools they needed to grow up healthy and to make good choices. Growth and development is the Kingdom as we move from Glory to Glory to Glory. There always seemed to be a negative tone as people would warn me of the "dreaded" teen years which has actually proven to be quite the opposite! Todd and I celebrate every season of their lives as we watch them grow up into all Jesus has designed for them to be. With each year, my heart overflows as I watch them discover something new about themselves, excel in a new responsibility, or grasp the truth of the Father's love for them on a deeper level.

The Father delights in watching you discover and explore the expanse of His love for you. As each year passes, know that He is so pleased with how you've grown. After all, He has been involved in every aspect of it. He is cheering you on, celebrating every victory, every moment with you. Because of Christ's sacrifice on the cross, all that's His is YOURS so you can be confident that you are fully equipped to succeed, lacking nothing. As Pastor Brent says, "You are doing so much better than you think you are!" Sometimes we tend to focus on what we still need to grow in and become unaware of all of the many ways we've grown and matured. Be assured that the Father is extremely delighted in you and is smiling over you just as a proud Father would!

Love, Karena

No comments:

Post a Comment