Saturday, December 10, 2011

Jesus, Our Ever PRESENT Help

“God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in times of trouble.” Psalm 46:1

Last week, the girl I've done home care for the last 10 years went home to be with Jesus. Her brother, whom I also cared for, graduated to greater glory several years ago. Nicole and Josh had a rare genetic disease and they actually lived much longer than doctors determined. Nicole was a daughter to me. She taught me how to love in ways I can't quite describe. Though I have found so much comfort in knowing she isn't suffering anymore, my heart has still been hurting quite a bit. It's in these times of pain, that I have found myself more than ever, pressed into Jesus' chest. He has been so kind, so sweet, so available and so present for me.

This week, I have been experiencing more and more just how “ever present” Christ is. He bore all of our pain when He went to the Cross. It is a done deal, finished, past tense. Yet there are times in our lives that we still hurt in the “present.” The beautiful thing about my Jesus is that He is willing to stay “present” with us though He already took upon Himself every hurt we currently feel. He is not confined by time or space. He is just as present in our pain as He is in all of our joys. He never tells us, “Get over it!” He knows there is a time to grieve and is not uncomfortable with it. He always stays connected with us in every aspect of our lives and knows exactly what we need and when.

I want to encourage you right now, to enjoy Christ in your “present.” Whether it's His hand drying your tears, His breath on your face, His steady gaze in worship, His company as you go Christmas shopping or His joy bubbling up in your belly. He never disconnects from you. You carry Christ inside of you and He lives to stay present with you in every minute, every moment, every day of your life.

“I AM is our past, present and future. Enjoy and express Him daily in total abandonment.” - Francois du Toit

I love you family,
Karena Lout

No comments:

Post a Comment