Thursday, August 17, 2023

DIVINE OBJECTIVITY - by Bill Hernandez

I have been hearing in my mind over and over that scripture in Phil 4:8 on having our minds dwell on various good things and that peace would follow. In the past I have always seen that scripture as a kind of self pep talk exercise or a way to get my mind out of negative or impure thoughts. It was a way of sanitizing my brain before the Lord. Recently though the Lord has provided a different angle to this scripture.

He showed me that when He speaks, for me to affirm what He is saying as true and that when I actually do, peace and calm truly do follow. For instance any time I am experiencing trauma or drama in my thoughts and emotions, He may say, “All is well. I am here. Be still and know that I am God.” In actually repeating and affirming what He said such as, “I believe you Lord that all is truly well and that you are with me. I chose to believe you and not any of the negative stuff that is coming up inside me. Thank you for being on my side.” I then found all the trauma and drama fade away and then I would be okay because I believed His truth rather than my inner lies! He then showed me that the “whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy…” were actually all the things He was currently saying to me – rhema words, the voice of the Holy Spirit speaking at the present moment.

His words are true and noble, etc.. I then just declare that I believe Him and then He does the rest bringing peace, calm, wisdom, understanding and anything else that brings me into what I call Divine Objectivity. Try it.


The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and pleading with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.

Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, think about these things. As for the things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

Phil 4:4-8

Click to visit Bill's site: Whisperoflove.org

No comments:

Post a Comment