Thursday, April 6, 2023

AM I TRUSTING? - by Aleta Pollard

Trust in the Lord completely, and do not rely on your own opinions.
With all your heart rely on Him to guide you,
and He will lead you in every decision you make.
Proverbs 3:5 TPT

Have you ever found yourself not trusting in the Lord even though He’s been faithful to you time and time again?

Well, I have. Many times. We have gone through being a one income family buried in debt to becoming debt free – during the pandemic. And if that’s not enough for you to trust God for finances, then I don’t know what could change your mind. But guess what - I still find myself from time to time stressing that I don’t have enough or wondering how I’m going to pay the surmounting stack of bills. Yet time and time again, God works it all out. 

But something had to change. And you know how and what happened? 4 years ago, I had an experience as I was driving – as I got out of the Caldecott Tunnel, the sky seemed to be so blue and the sun so bright. And in a moment, I realized something changed. A breakthrough happened. My mindset started to shift.  Things that I thought were expensive, didn’t seem so expensive after all.  Fast forward a year and our world is in a pandemic. But we then followed a season of reading prophetic declarations over our family and finances by reading Provision by Shawn Bolz:

“It was never My intention to keep you here just to survive, but to actually overcome. When you allow yourself to have the overcomer’s mindset that My Son demonstrated, you will begin to access the riches of My provision so you can treasure the riches of My glory. Everything that I have designed for you to do is so that My Son can inherit the fullness of His reward that He paid for on the cross. I will spare no expense in giving Him everything He died for.”

Does this mean I fully trust? No. But I love how Psalm 37:5 says it in the Passion Translation – Give God the right to direct your life, and as you trust Him along the way you’ll find He pulled it off perfectly!

We go from glory to glory and in between there are valleys. So yes, I still worry and stress sometimes.  But I can tell you one thing – when I look back, I know I’m not where I was. And I know I can always come back to the Father with all my stress, doubt and worry and as I trust Him along the way, He will pull it off perfectly!

No comments:

Post a Comment