Friday, March 17, 2023

WORSHIP FOREVER - by Todd Benjamin Lout

So the ransomed of the Lord will return and come with joyful shouting to Zion,
and everlasting joy will be on their heads.
They will obtain gladness and joy, and sorrow and sighing will flee away.

Isaiah 51:11

Last Saturday our worship service was exactly that. It was a sweet sweet time of worshipping and soaking in worship of the Lord. There's nothing sweeter really.  

I thank God for teaching of the Word of God, which we need so much. AND, I know that ultimately, sitting at the feet of Jesus is something He values so much. He knows that when we gaze on Him in adoration, His radiant face will shine on us, illuminating His nature, His kingdom, His heart to us. 

Remember when Martha was busy doing dishes and cleaning up for her guest, the King of Kings? Her heart to serve was great and honorable, yet keeping her from something better. Her sister, Mary, was on the floor, locked eyes with Jesus, listening to His life-giving words. It bothered Martha that Mary wasn't hard at work, but Jesus said that Mary had chosen the better thing.
(Luke 10:38 - 42)

Friends, when we enter into glory we will not be able to help but worship God, just like the angels. Just like the 24 elders and other creatures. There's a beauty about God that we don't even understand yet, but worship here on Earth causes our hearts to feel the essence of Heaven's goings on. We won't be able to stop giving honor to God forever and ever. 

Back when I was a teen, God had been teaching me the importance of lingering in front of Him.  My dad was the pastor of our church and I had the keys. I would sometimes go to the church in the middle of the night and worship at the piano. There is where Holy Spirit opened up the Word to me and spoke to my heart so organically the most of any other times.  Somewhere in that time period I started leading worship at the church. I wanted to go beyond the typical 10 or 15 minute song set that had to have standard songs sung a certain way.  

There were very few folks in the church who loved things to be very traditional.  One older couple would get up and leave the room when I would start leading. They didn't like that I added guitars and that I went longer than 10 minutes.  There came the time when they confronted me about the length of the worship time (only about 20 minutes or so). I must admit here that I had (and still have) a bit of a mischievous streak.  I answered them by telling them that they might as well grow accustom to a bit longer worship times here on Earth because they wont be able to control how long we all worship throughout eternity...which will be all the time! 

It's true though. The more we turn our attention on the King and have hearts full of gratitude, the more Heavenly-minded we will be. The attributes of the Eternal One will start to open up in us now, before we leave this temporary life. It will also enhance this temporary life. 

Praise God we get to do here what is going on in the Eternal! 

No comments:

Post a Comment