Thursday, November 10, 2022

Encountering A Loving Father - by Brent Lokker

We’re all on a lifetime journey but we often don’t know where that journey is supposed to take us. What if our primary purpose in life is to be loved? Could it be that simple? When each of my sons were born, it was that simple.
 
Cradling each son when he was born, my emotions burst forth and I wept tears of wonder and awe. I couldn’t help it! It was a miracle beyond words. The sheer joy of tenderly securing each of my tiny, beautiful sons in my trembling hands was extremely moving. I felt so much love for my sons and I took great pleasure in them too. They were perfect! And here is a stunning truth: my sons couldn’t do a single thing for me to make me love them. No, I loved them with an extreme passion and I was wildly pleased with them for one reason alone: they were mine! My intense feelings of delight for them gripped me to the core of my being as I thought, How can I already love you this much?
 
These feelings of love and pleasure are the very same ones that your heavenly Father has for you every second of every day. His tender sentiments for you never change. You are that tiny, helpless baby in the outstretched hands of your heavenly Papa all the time. The stunning truth is that you can’t do a single thing to make Him love you. He just does. Your Father loves you, not for what you do or don’t do for Him, but because you are His. Period. He’s thrilled with you!
He gazes upon you in amazement and says, My precious child, you have no idea what you do to Me. You are Mine. You’re beautiful and you’re everything I always wanted. When I made you, you were My dream fulfilled!
 
“You must see what great love the Father has lavished on us by letting us be called God’s children—which is what we are!” (1 John 3:1)

No comments:

Post a Comment