Thursday, February 3, 2022

God's Victorious Right Hand Holds Us

For years I've heard scriptures that mention the right hand of God. Somehow I hadn't thought to ask the question, "Why the right hand? Is God right-handed?" Then came a time when Holy Spirit brought me to Isaiah 41:10 - 13 in the midst of a very trying time I was going through.  Here's what it says: 

"Do not yield to fear, for I am always near. Never turn your gaze from me, for I am your faithful God. I will infuse you with my strength and help you in every situation. I will hold you firmly with my victorious right hand. All who rage against you will be ashamed and disgraced. All who contend with you will perish and disappear. You will look for your enemies in vain; those who war against you will vanish with a trace! I am Yahweh, your mighty God! I grip your right hand and won't let you go! I whisper to you: 'Don't be afraid; I am here to help you!'"

God was talking to Jacob and Israel.  Often when He speaks to Israel His words pertain to us, His Own, now. For me it was such a direct pointing to this passage at 4:00 in the morning. He was giving these words to me.  This comforted me so much, and had such an impact, that I wrote a song with these words. I sang it earnestly in those wee hours. 

At some point it struck me that I'm singing about His right hand lifting me up, but I didn't know why His RIGHT hand. Upon opening a study about this I discovered that the "right hand" is seen as a place of honor and status throughout the Bible. When it makes statements that Jesus sits at the right hand of the Father, it is affirming that he has equal status to the Father. (Hebrews 1:3, 12:2; 1 Peter 3:22; Acts 7:55-56)  For me this was like when you opened your presents, then went to another house and there were more presents awaiting you! I discovered that not only is God saying He's going to hold me, but that He's going to hold me through a place of honor and strength!  You guys, this was during a time when there was a "Saul"-type person in my life, tearing me down low and trying to put me low in people's eyes. God absolutely ministered to my heart, my mind, my spirit, my LIFE in those dark, morning hours when it was just Him and me. 

Sometimes this broken and temporary place we're in has structures and broken peole to take us out....but the King of Glory dances over us and sings songs of freedom and deliverance as He holds us up with His victorious right hand. He even say's He'll hold OUR right hand and won't let go! Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey!

Love, Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment