Friday, July 5, 2019

Finding God In The Journey - Pastor Brent Lokker

Last Saturday Bill & Linda Boone shared their raw and vulnerable stories of how God rescued and turned their broken and tattered lives around, how they found each other after suffering through many destructive relationships, and how God loved them into something beautiful. Here's a podcast of their Testimony to a Father's Love.
Now, hear the heart of your heavenly Father in your own journey...

"You and I are on a life-long adventure together—climbing mountains, forging streams, hiking deep ravines and valleys and even flying above the clouds at times. All of your life is before Me like a book.  Since I’m the author, I can promise you there are some amazing chapters ahead for you.  The plot has plenty of twists and turns, but it’s brilliantly written and has a spectacular ending!

At times your life may feel like a thrill ride where you need to keep your seatbelt fastened.  At other times it may feel stagnant to such a degree you might be wondering if anything of significance is happening.  And then there will be moments along the way where such tragedy and heartache arise that it may appear to you there is no way to endure.

Trust Me.  Come in closer still!   I have wonderful surprises waiting for you along your path.  Not all of life will be lived on the mountaintops—that’s not the way I’ve planned it. The subdued times are just as planned by Me as the more exciting ones. Even the difficult times will be transformed into something beautiful. Keep going on the path I’ve placed before you and ask Me for My wise counsel every step of the way. It’s a great journey and I will never leave your side. I’m holding you up and giving you My strength for the journey, My child. I’ve given you My favor every step of the way."

(Taken from Brent Lokker's Always Loved Summer Devotional)
Your God continued to support you, as a man supports his son, all along the road you followed until you arrived here ... going ahead of you on the journey to find you a camping ground, by night in the fire to light your path, and in the cloud by day. 
(Deuteronomy 1:31, 33 NJB)

A man’s mind plans his way [as he journeys through life], But the Lord directs his steps and establishes them. 
(Proverbs 16:9 AMP)

However faint my spirit; you are watching over my path.  
(Psalm 142:3 NJB)

When you face stormy seas I will be there with you with endurance and calm; you will not be engulfed in raging rivers. If it seems like you’re walking through fire with flames licking at your limbs, keep going; you won’t be burned.
(Isaiah 43:2 VOICE)

No comments:

Post a Comment