Friday, February 1, 2019

Metanoia - Turn it Around - Change Your Mind by prophetic overseer Bill Hernandez

The Kingdom of Heaven is near and we are empowered to change our minds accordingly. We are given the command to do so. Metanoia is the greek work used for changing your mind which subsequently leads to changes in behaviors over time. Jesus said, "Change your minds, for heaven’s realm is near," Matt 4:17. We can proactively choose to let go of the bad stuff and replace it with the Lord's provision of solutions, empowerment, Holy Spirit, wisdom, joy and peace because they are right at our very door just like Jesus says. A whole new world beckons.

I believe this is a timely message for some of you even into the far future for any who read this later on. Some of you may have wandered off the path or have gotten lost and you don't know where you are going or what you are doing with your life in your career, your ministry, your relationships. Some have fallen into negative behaviors or thought patterns where you feel stuck. I call these rabbit trails in our lives - time wasters. They stop the clock to going forward and worse we can pick up the enemy or tormentors along the way. There is a solution.

We've heard the word "repent" and it's often understood as changing your behaviors, however it begins with an invasion of your mind with God's perspective. Change the mind and the behaviors will follow. Romans 12:1 says, "And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect." Transformation begins in the mind.

This mind transformation is vital to victory. While we are changing our minds and our thinking, we may still be struggling with bad behaviors and those behaviors come under siege when we allow the Lord in to invade our minds with the kingdom that is near. In time the behaviors succumb to the fruits of the Spirit as stated in Gal 5:22 - love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. During this whole process of being transformed we are greatly loved, acceptable and respected by Him even if we are making serious mistakes along the way. In time you will change. He never condemns and if you condemn yourself that just delays the progress so give up condemning yourself and accept that He loves you and keep on going.

If we can't discern or feel God, this could be because we are hurting or going through things, but it does not mean He is not near. A radio that is broken that can't receive does not mean the broadcast is not there. We can be tuned into the wrong channel listening to and acting on bad info, but it does not mean God is not sending good stuff because the kingdom of heaven is indeed near.

Here are a few exercises that you can repeat to yourself. I believe it's important that when you let go of something fill that vacuum with the God stuff. Here goes:
 
  • I give up negative thoughts and replace them with a Holy transformed mind.
  • I give up drug and alcohol dependency and replace them with being filled with the Holy Spirit.
  • I give up anger and replace it with Your reconciliation and forgiveness.
  • I give up bitterness and hurt and replace it with a softened heart.
  • I give up lust for anything, power, money, sex, persons and replace it with a desire for intimacy with you Jesus.
  • I give up shame and guilt and replace it with Your love and acceptance for me.
  • I give up manipulation and replace with cooperation & respect.
  • I give up vengeance and crawl into Your lap to hold me.
  • I give up lying and replace it Your truthfulness and honesty.
  • I give up fear and replace it with Your protection and care.
  • I give up impatience and replace it with Your compassion & calm.
  • I give up greed and replace it with generosity.
  • I give up suspiciousness and replace with it with true revelation.
  • I give up religiosity and legalism and replace it with being my true self made in Your image.


Phil 4:8 "... whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. ... practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you."

Ps 139:23 "Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me and know my anxious thoughts; And see if there be any hurtful way in me, And lead me in the everlasting way."

Check out the podcasts for my sermon on this subject - https://blazingfire.org/podcasts

Blessings,

Bill Hernandez
Prophetic Overseer

No comments:

Post a Comment