Friday, November 30, 2018

The Inward Journey by Pastor Brent Lokker

The Kingdom of Heaven is within
             ~Jesus (Luke 17:21)

The love you long for is within
The joy you seek is within
The hope you need is within
The faith you desire is within
The peace you crave is within

Why? Because Jesus is within you and all that He is belongs to you.

The riches of the glory of God's mystery is Christ in you, the hope of glory (Colossians 1:27)

Last Saturday I gave a message about the Inward Journey to connect more deeply with Jesus. I didn’t just talk about it, but we took time to try it.  I must have hit a nerve—a good one. I received more positive feedback than I can remember from one message in a very long time, so I’ve decided to continue the message this Saturday, The Inward Journey—Part 2. . I’ve also asked several of those who were impacted last Saturday to share a testimony about their ongoing inward journey as we gather this Saturday.
(You can hear last week’s message here and you can skip to the part of my message about the Inward Journey at 24:24)

The good nerve I hit upon is the longing for the Lord within each one of you that He's placed right inside of you. Even the longing is found within! But remember Jesus said, “Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled!”

So what is the key to connecting more deeply with Jesus? It begins by knowing by faith He is within you and never far away. You are not trying to do somethingto get him to come from somewhere out there, but you are becoming more and more aware of the One who has made his home inside of you. Then, there is a process of learning how to quiet your mind so you can enjoy unhindered intimacy with Him. One thing we practiced was "Praying the Scripture." We practiced slowly meditating and digesting word-by-word a passage of Scripture with the purpose of quieting your mind and focusing on Christ within you.
Try it now...

Live in the holy awe of God—which brings you trembling into His presence. God will continually revitalize you, implanting within you the passion to accomplish the good things you desire to do.
Philippians 3:12-13 (TPT)

(with each "..."  below, take time to be aware of His indwelling presence and love, pause and linger often, especially when you are feeling his presence)

Live in the holy awe of God...Live...I am alive right now in the holy awe of my God...the holy awe of God...I am in awe in your presence God...trembling...trembling into your glorious presence...Your presence within me...your holy presence within me...your holy presence within me at this very moment...God, you will continually revitalize me...God, you will revitalize me...You continually breath fresh life in me...this is what you do...you implant within me passion...I have passion for life...you infuse me with that passion...passion to accomplish good things...good things I desire to do...good things I desire to do because you have placed them within me...

Our good and very dear Savior is making himself known to everyone who wants him. Never give up this inward journey. The continual pay-off of his very real presence is what you were born for more than any other pursuit.

With Love,
Brent

No comments:

Post a Comment