Friday, August 5, 2016

Love is a Choice by Pastor Brent Lokker

Throughout history, the enemy has always tried to pit us against each other in some way or another.  There are factions against each other because of nationality, political party, class status, gender, religious affiliation, and the list goes on seemingly without end.  Here’s the truth: Fear is usually the culprit that can lead to hate.  But nobody can make you hate another person.  Period.
 
Be real with God and talk with Him about your fears, your biases, your struggles and even the times you find yourself hating others.  Ask Him for his help.  His answer is, “So glad you asked! I’m the Father of all of my children around the world.  My dream and plan is for love to flow in every direction.  I will help heal your heart and fill you with a pure love to be able to see all of my children the way I see them.”
 
We made these declarations last Saturday during our worship service.  I encourage you to speak them out loud:
  • I choose not to hate another person who has been created in the image of God just as I am.
  • I choose not to villainize, demonize, devalue or trash another person.
  • I will not let fear rule over me.
  • I choose to treat others exactly the way I want to be treated.
  • I choose to align myself with heaven.  I am a voice of hope.
  • I choose to build others up.
  • I choose to see the treasures in each child of God on the earth.
  • I choose love.
 
You can hear Pastor Brent’s message from last Saturday night here:
http://blazingfire.podbean.com/e/choose-love-brent-lokker/

No comments:

Post a Comment