Friday, January 17, 2014

Jesus is Revealing Himself as the Lion and the Lamb!


Jesus is revealing Himself in and through us as the lion and the lamb. The lion is the courage of Christ in us, going forth in His power. The lamb is the compassion and gentleness of Christ that keeps our hearts soft as we learn true vulnerability from Him. We don't choose one or the other--He is both and, therefore, so are we!

"It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me." Galatians 2:20

Recently, Shannon Downs from Blazing Fire Church had this amazing insight:

When we choose to be vulnerable, to be real, we are choosing to be brave and walk with courage!

When we choose to be brave and be courageous, we are being vulnerable and real!

Being brave has nothing to do with bravado but everything to do with vulnerability.

Being Brave empowers vulnerability, bringing with it the freedom to fly and soar.

When we choose to face our fears, we open the door for love to come in. Love breathes upon us the ability to be brave in the face of vulnerability.

**********************************************
2012 was my year of embracing the word valuable. It was the first time I heard I was valuable.

2013 was vulnerability, I never realized it was okay to be vulnerable in the face of fear and trust!

Brave is a "new" word for me to embrace in 2014...I don't ever remember being told to be brave.

Here's to 2014 and beyond, we will go where no one has gone before! We are on a journey... together!
**********************************************

Here I am, standing here
Looking into my Father’s eyes
No longer do I see the shadows of the night
I now see the glorious light of day

Into His heart I go
I hear His heart beat singing songs of Heaven
Feeling the wind of His breath upon me
Carrying me deeper and deeper into His love
Deeper and deeper into his love

The waves are crashing upon the shores
I choose to be courageous and brave
In the incoming storms
Listening to the heavenly sounds
Hearing the heavenly sounds
Taking me to that place
Of His perfect grace
And the walls will come down
And the walls will come down

As scary as it may be
That place of vulnerability
You will find the victory and freedom
To fly and soar to those places
You could not go before

Open up your heart before Him
Let Him come in
His love song He sings within
Will awaken your heart and soul
To become more alive in Him, more alive in Him
And there you will find the joyful heart
That was always meant to be yours
That was always meant to be yours…..

©Jennifer Shannon Jan 15th 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment