Friday, November 9, 2012

Living in Greatness by Pastor Angela Ellis


Succcess is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Bookker T. Washington 1856 - 1915

There are times in life where we will feel stretched beyond measure. It's in those times when we are presented with a great opportunity to respond in righteousness. What do I mean by that? Right thinking! God thinking!

God never looks at a situation and say's "oh my, this is bigger than me!" Nor does he say "this is way more than I can handle." Rather, He is a God of infinite possibilities. He is a God who ALWAYS has a solution. He is peace and He is ALWAYS at rest.

As Lonnie and I recently shared we are in the midst of a major transition from moving from the bay area to Sacramento. Along with the move, we are being challenged in other areas to grow and walk into things that we have no real experience in. I personally have moments where I have wanted to agree with the worship of Hell, as Graham Cooke recently so eloquently put it by murmuring and complaining.   

As believers there is a choice to be made in the midst of all our stretching and growing we will go through in life. I have recently had to make choices multiple times a day as to who I believe I am and what I am capable of. Initially, I wanted to go into my old way of thinking. Which says " I can't do this " or "this situation is impossible." However, it is in that moment that Holy Spirit seems to quicken my spirit to remind me that there is yet another way of thinking. A more excellent way. A way of thinking that brings me into my true identity and makes my impossible situations possible. 

It seems I am having massive amounts of opportunities lately to stop and choose what I'm really going to believe for myself these days.I could easily choose to stay at my old way of thinking that tells me lie after lie about myself. But in that thought process I remember the fruit of my old thinking and quickly realize when I ate of that fruit I felt discouraged, defeated and hopeless. I remember the fruit of my old thinking and remember that it really did not taste good.In fact it was quite bitter and actually made me heart sick .On the contrary, when I ponder God's way of thinking and deliberately choose to see things through His eyes and His perspective, His thoughts immediately bread life, confidence, courage and strength in me. His perspective always seems to brings me to a place of peace and rest.

In Him I am guaranteed that I am growing and maturing to be more like Christ in every situation. After all He is the great I Am! If He dwells in me than how can I be anything other than great? As I'm agreeing with Holy Spirit I realize my spirit is responding quicker each time I am faced with choosing the truth of who I really am in Christ Jesus. No longer am I pulling up a chair to feast on the old rotten fruit because that's what I had always been conditioned to. I have realized as I agree with heaven it is easy to pass right on by that rotten table and fix my eyes on the splendor of the Kings banqueting table that fills me and sustains me! His food is sweetness to my lips as I choose to declare the truth of who I am in Him!

I realize for some choosing to see from God's perspective is very common ground, but for those like me that may struggle with righteous thinking from time to time I want to encourage you to push the pause button and think about the fruit your about to consume as you choose what thoughts you will agree with. Are the thoughts your about to agree with life giving? Does it agree with your true identity in Christ? If not I want to urge you to choose from the fruit that is sweet and life giving. We ALL have greatness in us. The key is simply to believe the greatness in your life through Christ! He's proud of you and so am I!

Abundant blessings and love,
Angela Ellis

No comments:

Post a Comment