Saturday, July 7, 2012

What We Do for God's Heart by Pastor Susan Fochler

In the Song of Solomon 4:9, the Shulamite’s lover says to her, “You have ravished my heart, my sister, my bride; you have ravished My heart with one look from your eyes”.  It astonishes me that our God, dwelling in heaven in all perfection, could be so touched by us finite, sometimes struggling human beings.  His view of what is beautiful and desirable clearly is far beyond mine.   I began processing these thoughts with Papa.  And I recognized how at times I have compared myself to others in my insecurity, and wondered what He could possibly see in me that so touches Him.  He started sharing His heart with me.  So this is a little stream-of-consciousness from my journal:

We are each uniquely special and known to God
“How can I compare one sunset with another?  A radiant moonlit night, a majestic waterfall, one with another?  All have intrinsic beauty and worth.  They are incomparable.  So are My children.  Each of you, incredible, with intrinsic beauty and worth, individually created with unique facets of My glory integrated into your life.  I love those things that touch your heart and make you cry.  I love how you think and approach issues; I adore how you enjoy the beauty of your world.  I even appreciate those moments when offense comes and your heart hardens; for in those times I see ahead to the instant your heart will melt again as My kindness and truth warm you and insight comes.  I’m not expecting, ever, that you figure everything out.  I am with you; that’s enough.

“You are all beauty, all desirable to Me.  I never tire of watching and enjoying you.  I enjoy you with all My senses; I see you, I smell you, I taste you, I hear you.  I listen to your every word, as well as your unspoken thoughts.  I have given my whole heart to you, without reservation.  I am not capable of feeling rejected; I will never be offended in those moments when you forget I am there because I understand your human limitations.  So please do not be so quick to judge yourself.  I am ever eager to help you; however, my desire to help will always be tempered by My wisdom to choose the best way, even at risk of being misunderstood.  I understand your misunderstandings.

“My love for you flows with the same holiness, the same tenderness, the same firey passion that inspired Me to plan your life from before the beginning of time.  I so desire that you would see yourself as I do!  The colors, the hues, the sounds, the melodies; the unique, indescribable aroma of your life fills My senses.  I can actually taste your life...truly a feast that satisfies My heart!  Your life flows as a river to Me, as My life flows as a river to you.

Being with us is God's deepest passion
“You really do ravish Me, dear one; with one look of your eyes.  One small effort to invite Me in touches Me so deeply that My passion rises up fresh and new all over again.  Every day my thoughts toward you are re-invigorated and newly inspired.  For Me there is no mundane, “same old, same old”.  Every contour of your soul, every yearning of your spirit fascinates and draws a response of deep affection from Me.

“Never underestimate the power of your attractiveness to Me.  I so look forward to our eternity together, yet I see it all in every present moment.  To be with you is My hearts delight.  It doesn’t get better than this for Me:  to have your thoughts, your desire focused upon Me, acknowledging whatever you can of My essence, to whatever extent you are able.  My infinite, all-knowing and all-powerful Self is satisfied by your finite love.  Your small measure, poured into My measurelessness meets Me.

"I am your consuming fire, a fire that burns holy but tender, and I’m all yours.  I hold, with you, all the passion we need, together.”

No comments:

Post a Comment