Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A Doting Father!

When my oldest son, Derek, was a few months old, he would make the cutest cooing sounds as he was waking up in the morning. My wife, Suzanne, and I would hear him and get out of bed and quietly tip-toe over to gaze through the crack in the door and watch with utter delight as our son would look around and make the most adorable gurgling noises. I can’t tell you how precious he was! After a time, we would push the door open, enter the room and begin sweetly singing over him a good morning song. Immediately, he would begin searching the room for us with his eyes until he spotted us, squealing with delight!

Your Father in heaven gazes on you all the time! Not so that he can somehow spy on you, but because he can’t take his eyes off of you! Yes, God is smitten with you! I can picture him calling the angels over to himself, pointing towards you and saying,

“Hey! Come take a look at my awesome son! He’s remarkable!”

“Would you just look at my daughter? Wow! She’s beautiful, isn’t she?!”

And then he begins to sing his love song over us…

“The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing." Zephaniah 3:17

And as his song fills the air with choice words of adoration and approval for us, we begin to search for the origin of that sweet voice. Then we squeal with delight,

“Oh, Papa! There you are! You LOVE me!”

No comments:

Post a Comment